Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mistaken Ryan

Today I thought about some of my worst 'mistakes'.
I have written stuff that I didn't mean, which had repercussions that I did not think expect.
I have acted in a way that I am not happy about, which made me come across as the loathed 'bad guy'.
Then I thought about how that could effect me in the future and how it has already affected me.
There were many negatives, but then I thought about it properly.
All those foolish actions I took made me end up here, made me grow as a person, made my character mature, made me a better person. Can events that have done that kind of good really be called 'mistakes'?
I regret the things I did, but the after effect of them has made me into a better person, with a greater understanding of things around me. I am a learner. i have learned lots from those events. If you learn from your actions, you can never make a mistake, merely an event from which you learn from. So everything that caused me upset or embarrassment was really just making me become a better person, it was never as bad as I thought. those so called 'mistakes' made me who I am today. A happy person with great friends. So I shouldn't regret. I should see the positive side, I am a much better person after writing those things and acting the way I did. The negative side was a few people disliked me, some people hold grudges, some people can't move on. I have moved on and grown as a person. I am now a better person, I think harder, I know more, I feel wiser, I know when to stop. Any 'mistake' I make from now on is just another event that will make me grow as a person. making 'mistakes' is not the way to become a better person, but learning from them is. If I do not learn from a regrettable action, that is a mistake. But I am a learner. I learn. I mature.

A learning kid, I try to do the right thing and act the right way, but sometimes I end up doing the wrong thing, but I learn. I am a learner. So I never make mistakes, merely events which I learn from. that sums up this Ryan kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess that mistakes being mistaken as mistakes happens a lot. Mistakenly. Or is it the other way around? Either way, you seem, like deep. :D

gwynn255 said...

I so know what you're talking about. Except I'd take it even further. Lots of things that have happened without my influence in the past and that caused me hurt and pain have turned out to be fantastic in the long run. Like, just to pick one...I didn't get picked to flat with these 2 guys I don't even know, and I was devestated. And now, I've ended up in an amazing flat with my best friend whom I've known for 9 years. I'm a strong believer in happy endings.